Friday, January 2, 2009

26 hours

drinkies tonight
boys from school
pk's back from germany
so we together ourselves
and swap stories that have been swapped before
names places events bravados
contrasting, perhaps, in sonic appearance
yet the flavour remains flatly
unerringly
intact
smart men good men
funny men
clever men
fiends from hell
fathers and farther-less
me being the furthest
we drink ale by the pint
we larf
we order thai
i choose morning glory
bitter and green
and smothered in chilli
i take the bottle
pinot noir
half is granted mine
i guzzle heartily
yet with little heart
i'm unassailably distracted
despite my best intentions
i'm yearning for a woman
whose touch and hold
i long for
and whose music
and lips
i wish to kiss forever

i nibble on my morning glory
intertwined with jasmine
rice
wishing to explode outta there


26 hours apart
is damn way too long

4 comments:

The Knitting Songbird said...

She's a lucky gal, hope she appreciates ya!

And say to PK for me :)

The Knitting Songbird said...

What I MEANT to say is say hi to PK for me! Serves me right for not previewing my comment!!!

ross b said...

Peter Koppes???...

oh I know who you mean!!! wawk wawk wawk !

The Knitting Songbird said...

Aaaaah, not THAT PK then, eh? :)

Al-Anon

enjoying a bevvy Awakening to the ‘good’ in our lives and to the fulfilling sense of gratitude which follows often comes to us via ...