Monday, October 27, 2008

bad food...

Ever dined out and found that the food you ordered was so bad that you couldn't help but exclaim the words most of us have used or thought through at one time or another?


"This tastes like shit!!"

Well, chances are, that's what you could well be eating. Check out this story.



This is abhorrent, base, and disgusting in the extreme. That revolting f*** who is responsible for this dreadful deed should be speared into the ocean. Are people that pissed off with themselves, with their jobs, that they have to resort to this?? To impose their sick ways on others??

This is like a bad-dream, a sci-fi horror scenario, something that lurks in the mouldy corner of our minds like an anxiety dream that can only be made realised in some murky underworld. And yet, it has happened, come true to life, in a major hotel just down the road from me.

It reminds one of a simple truth, never piss off a waiter or caterer or anyone responsible for serving your food for that matter. They have the power, and there is no limit to how low they will stoop to enact some sort of revenge on demanding customers, quite obviously.

4 comments:

The Knitting Songbird said...

OMG Ross! This is disgusting beyond words! I can't believe that someone could do this in a "civilised" country like Australia...unbelievable...

ross b said...

"civilised"...we're talkin' the CBayHotel here!!

Nonetheless - disgusting beyond words as you say, and it happened!

eek said...

Probably because I live in the US and have heard of far too many "OMG!! This [insert disgusting item] was in my food!" hoaxes over the years, but I couldn't help but wonder if the customers put it in there themselves in order to extract a large chunk of hush money.

It does seem though in this case that there were far too many at the table for a scam to have much chance of working. Usually it's done by either a solo person or a couple, not a whole family with friends. Too many people to keep on the same storyline. So even though a hoax was my initial though, I don't really see it as that now. It will be interesting to see who really is the guilty party.

The whole thing makes me very happy I very rarely eat out. People are disgusting -- best to stay the hell away from most of them.

ross b said...

The family have walked away with 60K, not a bad wad of cash, despite their insistence that "it's not about the money".

...I suppose I can't help but make the observation...now I don't have a family, but if I did, the LAST thing I would wish to do with them on a Sunday afternoon is to take them to the PUB and sit around watching a GAME surrounded by idiots and drinkers!!! Yeah...take your kids to that...what kind of world do we live in??

...but that's just me, I prefer nature and the parks, something earthy, perhaps i'm weird...

What strange times we live in!

Al-Anon

enjoying a bevvy Awakening to the ‘good’ in our lives and to the fulfilling sense of gratitude which follows often comes to us via ...